Skip to main content

Whimsyy's Presentation Day with 'Group Yellow'.


Whimsyy's Presentation Day with 'Group Yellow'.

    'Presentations have begun' -  Location- DIT classroom in SL. (13th December 2018)


Well today is a day I will never forget. (13th December 2018) The day of the class presentations in Second Life. We were worried that being last would lose people’s attention but hoped that since there were only a few groups it would go well. It was our turn to present and we first sent the class a location link in S.L. We all teleported to Muriel001's 'furniture refurbishing' location. Well, all I can say is it didn't go to plan. A woman that as far as we could understand, was selling items in that location, wasn't happy to say the least about our arrival and banned us all from the location. We teleported back to the class and to say I was put off is an understatement. I was nervous as it was, especially with our group being last so my nerves had built up. I felt this situation had put a bad spin on our presentation. 

Muriel001 then went ahead, gathered her thoughts as much as possible and began to present, but this also didn't go to plan. I think extra information had been added as it wasn't the same as what was presented the day before, it was much longer. I took into consideration that she was still put off by what had just happened before presenting but it took our group much longer to present. We were also stopped half way through as people were leaving. We were already past 9:30 before our presentation started which was when we predicted the presentations would be over so it was understandable that people were losing concentration. We then went on and finished up the presentation. 

I do feel that our practice run the day before as well as the original one the week prior was far more successful. It was unfortunate that the mishap at the begging had set an atmosphere as I felt we had produced good work together as a group by the end. One thing I have definitely learned from this experience is that no matter if you are physically or virtually presenting, prepare yourself for the inevitable. Also, I still managed to be nervous and be effected by the virtual presentation even though no one could physically see or know the real me. This class was definitely worth experiencing and has opened my eyes to the virtual world!  


Furniture Refurbishing Location: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.secondlife.com%2Fsecondlife%2FNevergo%2F134%2F77%2F3503%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1ncUYDmZ-89Y7nG6NGJmMZEj1jojMdjsDvQz7XrBOC89so1_EKz1DUDVE&h=AT1aeEDF0ErjH1hXr45sXXeiIRgdpUuL7d5uzND3FekoYA-8qTUATNO7mnqqNGMVoUSviqDuc5SluBFuJI4vIcznb7dVsvVyB0i4i1CEjX5PknVcAapySj1bWDr6pAThyS8Gin2l2_mSO7OBcSI

Link #1, Presentation sent to class to view (slide 7 & 8 are mine):
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eL7m5Iad0w0J1T2TtZJrPW2BQ0lloCFSwJY2lLMRa5M/edit?usp=sharing


Link #2, Our group work (slide 8 & 9 are mine):
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1drkaT3tOysFfO4R-UjlFdll1VlpYXVj_8-xWQEIogSM/edit?usp=sharing 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whimsyy's Eight Week

Whimsyy's Eight Week Privacy- http://www.brhs.com.au/privacy-information/ The topic of conversation on SL today was about privacy. Most of the class had never had to have a conversation with their circle of friends and family about limiting what is posted on social media. I personally have had a few situations were a Facebook messenger group was made to whomever was going to an event and was specifically asked not to, for example, “respect our privacy and to not post any pictures of our baby from the christening” or “could you not post any pictures of me”. I thought it was a normal thing to be asked as I feel everyone deserves their limit and privacy on social media. Not everything can be in your control but if something can be then everyone has the right to their privacy.  Group update: We are all continuing on writing our work on 'Google Slides' at the moment, refining our information. We still talk through messenger chat but will arrange a group call soon t

Whimsyy's Fifth Week

Whimsyy's Fifth Week The medium is the message: https://www.azquotes.com/quote/195279 Our Class this week was moved to the day before its usual schedule as our lecture was away and it was a more suited day to go ahead with the class. Not everyone could attend but I managed to re-arrange my plans to make it as I wanted to ask about the assignment given. John spoke about Marshall McLuhan and how he sees tools as an extension of what we can do as well as an extension of ourselves. We were using different tools as examples to explain how his thought process went. If you have a hammer, it’s a hammer simple as, but if you pick it up, it is now part of you. Depending on what you chose to do with it and now you see though the hammers virtual eyes, thinking of the things you can do with it. We make tools do certain things, but the manner in which we use it, can be a cure or a disease. This impacts how we see everything around us. We then talked about how this all depends on wha

Whimsyy's First Week

                                                                        Whimsyy's First Week                                          Image captured in SL of my avatar flying.  My Journey into second life began when I had to pick an avatar which best suited me. Instead of going into great detail of personalizing a character, I just chose to pick a default character as no one knew what I looked like in person apart from 4 people from my original class, I didn't feel the want or need for others to see what I really looked like. I also felt that being an avatar gave me a chance to step out of the ordinary so why look ordinary? I may change the avatar exterior look in time as it wont matter because my avatars name will stay the same.                                             Image captured in SL in our virtual class. On Thursday the 27th at 8pm I went to the set location for the class and flew my avatar up unto the room and sat down. The rest began to follow an